By well known reviewer and music critic, Jim Brenholts, is an eclectic and highly insightful view into the artists and recordings of the ambient, new age and electronica genres. It fills an important niche in the available literature in that it covers some of the most innovative work in the field that, for whatever reason, has remained largely unknown to a wider audience.
- Jeff Pearce - An Isle
- Craig Padilla - Distant Signals
- David Parsons - Ago
- Robert Scott Thompson - From the Free Field
- Robert Rich - Deliquescing Procession
- Byron Metcalf - Seeking Guidance 2
- Vidna Obama - Temple
- Loren Nerell - Plane of Desitny
- Todd Fletcher - Refraction
- Ma Ja Le / Robert Carty - Star Sailing / Deep Reflections
- TUU - Ghost Road
- Biff Johnson - Across the Crest
- Steve Roach - Ceremony for Ancients
A set of compact discs by various artists profiled was created specially to accompany the book. Many of the pieces in the set are unreleased rarities made available by the artists specifically for this project, while others are selected from pulished recordings by the artists themselves. All of the rights to the music are retained by the artists and we sincerely hope that you will seek out their music and add their solo recordings to your collection.
Volume One features the work of Jeff Pearce, Craig Padilla, David Parsons, Robert Scott Thompson, Robert Rich, Byron Metcalf, Vidna Obama, Loren Nerell, Todd Fletcher, Ma Ja Lee, Robert Carty, TUU, Biff Johnson and Steve Roach.